- 1 – 12.3-ounce container, firm Tofu
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, honey or 4-5 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Cacao powder or unsweetened coco powder.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish with berries-optional
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate or freeze 2 hours before serving. Serve in small bowls with little spoons and savor every bite.
*** If you do not have a high-speed blender, the dates can be soaked in hot water (then drained) to soften them before blending. Using the dates gives you extra fiber and sweetness without the sugar. ***
Variations: Add ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract and garnish with a mint leaf. ¼ cup frozen raspberries can substitute for maple syrup or honey.
** This desert has plenty of anti-oxidants, protein and even fiber if using dates. **
Makes 3-4 servings.